Thursday, January 15, 2009

Narrowing the Choices

I did some research last night and found a reading program called Starfall. Their materials look quite good, are aesthetically pleasing (not too cluttered, professional-looking, and cute), and even better, they are free to print in black and white. You can also buy their books in color, but since right now we are schooling on a tight budget I just printed off the ABCs and the 1st level reading package instead of buying anything yet. They have story books that coincide with the packages that we will probably purchase if we decide the program is working well.

For Math we are looking at Saxon, but still haven't made a final decision. I don't know if it's feasible, but I'd like to get my hands on a copy of one of the books to really take a good look at it before we decide anything finally. Does anyone have any knowledge of or feedback on Saxon math?

No comments: